Beer has been sating humanity’s thirst for about 5,000 years. Since then, beer has been a staple for many celebrations, Super Bowls, and nights out with friends. And when it comes to beer, there are currently many different types out there.
If you’re looking for the best beer to try, check out one of these seven best popular types.
Lagers are the most popular type of beer in the world. They’re typically light-bodied, with a crisp finish. Some common lagers include Budweiser, Miller Lite and Heineken.
- How they are made: They are made by fermenting barley and other grains at cool temperatures, which gives them their characteristic flavor.
- Why it’s popular: Lagers are a popular choice because they’re easy to drink and have a mild flavor.
IPAs, or India Pale Ales, is a type of beer gaining popularity. They are typically hoppy and bitter, with an intense flavor. Standard IPAs include Sierra Nevada’s Torpedo IPA and Dogfish Head’s 60 Minute IPA.
- How they are made: IPAs are made by adding hops during brewing. That gives them their characteristic flavor and bitterness.
- Why they’re popular: IPA lovers say they especially like the citrusy and spicy notes they taste in this beer type.
3. Pale Ales
Pale ales are a type of beer that is made with pale malt. They are light-bodied and have a hoppy flavor. Popular pale ales include Sierra Nevada’s Pale Ale and Dogfish Head’s 60 Minute IPA.
- How they are made: Pale ales are made using pale malt, giving them their light color and hoppy flavor.
- Why they’re popular: Pale ales have a lower alcohol content than IPAs. For most people, pale ales are the best intro to the world of beer consumption.
Porters are a type of beer that is made with roasted malt. They are dark-colored and have a chocolatey flavor. Common porters include Rogue’s Chocolate Porter and Brooklyn Brewery’s Black Chocolate Stout.
- How they are made: Porters are made using roasted malt, giving them their dark color and chocolatey flavor.
- Why they’re popular: Porters, like their stout cousins, are the perfect pairing with comfort food like mac ‘n cheese.
Stouts are a type of beer that is made with roasted malt. They are dark-colored and have a coffee-like flavor. Some common stouts include Guinness Draught Stout and Samuel Adams Boston Stout.
- How they are made: Stouts are made using roasted malt, giving them their dark color and coffee-like flavor.
- Why they’re popular: Studies have shown that stout beers contain antioxidants and B vitamins that can be beneficial to one’s health. But, of course, remember to drink in moderation.
6. Wheat Beers
Wheat beers are a type of beer that is made with wheat malt. They are light-bodied and have a fruity flavor. Typical wheat beers include Blue Moon Belgian White and Shock Top Belgian Wheat.
- How they are made: Wheat beers are made using wheat malt, giving them their light body and fruity flavor.
- Why they’re popular: Wheat beer drinkers are treated to a variety of flavor notes. Some types give you banana and bubblegum, while others could enjoy sweet caramel flavors.
7. Sour Beers
Sour beers are a type of beer that is made with sour yeast. They are tart and acidic, with a sour flavor. Some standard sour beers include Belgian Lambic and German Gose.
- How they are made: Sour beers are made using sour yeast, giving them their tart and acidic flavor.
- Why they’re popular: Sour beers are especially popular among non-beer drinkers since they say it doesn’t give off a “beer taste.”
Finding The Right Sports Bar for You
When you are looking for a place to watch the game and have a few beers, it is essential to find the right sports bar. Not all sports bars are created equal, and each has its strengths and weaknesses.
One of these factors is the type and quality of beer they serve. Some sports bars only serve light lagers, while others have a wide selection of craft beers. It is a good idea to find a sports bar with the type of beer you are looking for.
Peace Burger offers the best beers and delicious burgers in Grapevine, TX. Visit us today and enjoy the best burgers paired with your favorite beer!